Student will typically spend three months at an academic partner during their third year. In preparation for this placement, students working on related projects at academic partners will be identified, forming peer groups of 3-5 students. Our students will organise virtual mini workshops within peer groups along the second and third year. Normally, the 3 months placement would be with the department/home institute of one of the peer group members.
Partners include high calibre research departments/institutions across the world:
- in Africa (African Institute for Mathematical Sciences in South Africa and in Rwanda),
- in Asia (AIP Riken Tokyo and Institute of Statistical Mathematics),
- in Australia (ACEMS and QUT),
- in Europe (Bocconi, EPFL Lausanne, Leiden, Heidelberg Institute for Theoretical Studies, LMU Munich, Paris Dauphine),
- and in North America (Berkeley, Carnegie Mellon, Columbia, Harvard, University of British Columbia, University of Washington, Vector Institute in Toronto).